Of course, I remember promising that I will share more of the changes that I am bringing (or at least trying to) in and around myself. Remember the anger management part. Ironically enough, I happened to lose my cool the same day I wrote the post! But I was against exhibiting it and ended up with a bad migraine. What they say is true - it's hard (and painful) to give up on old habits!
Okay, so the next on my list was my health. For the records, I was in the hospital in the first half of January 1, 2011! Oh yes, I managed to fall sick close to New Year's eve and while everyone was busy planning their 31st evening, I was trying to get an appointment with my doctor. So January 1 it was!
Meeting a doctor is always scary. They sure prepare you for the worst that your respective ailment has to offer. My doctor was no different and she told me in no fancy words that I need to "actually" take care of myself unless I want a surgery happening!
The message was straight and clear. And I did not want to take a chance. In fact, I'd never want to. My next step was getting all the information I could to eating right and staying healthy. Starting January 4, I was on my way. It's said it takes at least 21 days to make a habit. So I waited over 21 days to post/blog about this [clever me! :)].
Here are few of the things I am doing. And they have worked great for me till now!
- I start the day with a glass of warm water with half a lime juice and 4-5 soaked almonds. This is my first meal of the day and healthy too!
- Eating small meals or fruits regularly every 2-2.5 hours - and you know something! This way I am actually feeling fuller and more active. Even when I go out (not work), I carry apples and biscuits in my bag. [If you follow this, remember not to carry anything when going out for a movie; else, don't blame me if the security lady there makes you forsake a 'more-precious-than-diamonds' apple or your 'costlier-than-gold' orange/guava. Yes, I think about inflation too!]
- A plate of salad with every meal. I carry a lot of it to work every day.
- Cut down on tea/coffee and other drinks. I am not a big fan of tea or coffee, cold drinks I quit years ago and packed juices don't entice me either. So that was not difficult at all.
- Drinking lots and lots of water! Something between 2-3 litres a day.
- Dinner latest by 8 pm. Works for me else I end up eating endlessly on reaching home after office.
Let's count. It's been exactly 24 days now. Wait, wait...I am not a bundle of goodness or a strict disciplinarian! To be honest, all this goes for a toss on weekends and holidays as I am either not motivated enough or succumb to peer pressure. Yet, I try to have my quota of fruits and salads and even when eating out, I opt for the healthier options.
I have been doing fine on it till now and plan to stick to it for as long as I can/am able to. Blogdosts, please hope and pray that I am abide by it for as long as possible!
P.S - Anyone willing to try the healthier way, feel free to drop me an email and I will send you some charts and samples.
Till then, take care and stay precious :)